• If you are working full time, your employee normally allows you to work a maximum of 38 hours per week.
• If you work more hours than this, this is considered overtime. You must be paid a higher wage for these extra working hours (from 40 hours).
• Your employer is never allowed to ask you to work more than 11 hours a day or 50 hours a week.
• You are entitled to one full day of rest a week.
• There are 10 statutory holidays in Belgium when you do not have to work (but for which you must still be paid).
• You are entitled to regular breaks to eat and to relax briefly during your working hours.
• There are many exceptions to these rules. For example, the rules are different if you work as a housekeeper (m/f).