An employee is someone who works for a employer (boss). An employer says when and where you have to work, pays you wages, provides you with materials to work with and checks your work. Another word for boss is employer.
Who is your employer?
Officially, your employer is the person who decides:
- whether you’re given work
- how much you’ll earn
- how much you’re paid and who pays your wages
- what you must do and when you must start and stop work
- which materials you must work with
- whether you have done your work well.