All housekeepers are entitled to paid holiday days from the second year that they are in work. The number of days depends on the number of days (and hours) that you actually worked in the past year. The general rule is: If you worked the whole of the past year, you receive:
If you worked the whole of the past year, you receive:
- 20 dagen betaalde vakantie als je 5 dagen per week gewerkt hebt.
- 24 dagen betaalde vakantie als je 6 dagen per week gewerkt hebt.
If your work is registered and you are therefore paying social contributions, you will receive holiday pay for the following national holidays paid by the National Office for Annual Holidays (Rijksdienst voor Jaarlijkse Vakantie).
As a housekeeper, you are naturally also entitled to statutory national holidays. If you do have to work on one of these national holidays, you may take one day’s leave in the six days following. These are the ten official national holidays in Belgium:
- 1 januari (Nieuwjaar)
- 1 mei (Dag van de arbeid)
- O.H. Hemelvaart
- 21 juli (Nationale dag)
- 15 Augustus (O.L.V. Hemelvaart)
- 1 november (Allerheiligen)
- 11 november (Wapenstilstand)
- 25 december (Kerstmis)